Through these odd times, more and more business is moving online, so are their customers.
Google reviews play a large role in making your business look like a trustworthy source of information to your consumers. Many potential customers will choose whether or not to visit your business after reading reputable reviews online.
You can share a unique URL with customers from your Google My Business dashboard on your computer or the mobile app. Customers can then leave reviews easily via one-click rather than searching your business, finding the review section and then submitting a review. You are asking for a favour so let’s make it as simple as possible for your customers.
An excerpt from Google’s How-to documentation (last updated 1-4-2020)
Share your short URL with customers for reviews
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- In the menu on the left, click Home.
- In the “Get more reviews” card, you can copy your short URL to share with customers.
- On your mobile device, open the Google My Business app .
- Tap Customers Reviews.
- In the top right, tap Share .
- If your short name is not created, you will be prompted to create one.
- Copy your short URL to share with customers.
When customers click your link, they’ll be able to rate your business and leave a review.
Keep in mind that it’s against Google review policies to solicit reviews from customers by offering incentives or setting up review stations at your place of business.